Welcome to The Proof Doctor
Proofreading, editing, writing and transcription
Welcome to The Proof Doctor. My name is Katie. I am a proofreader, editor, writer and transcriptionist with an academic research background.
I have a PhD in English Literature, six years of professional experience as a visiting lecturer in English and two years as a website content writer and editor. I also have my research published in academic journals. I have a passion for the written word and I understand the importance of detail.
I have experience in:
- Editing and proofreading academic coursework, dissertations and theses
- Editing and proofreading journal articles
- Editing and proofreading non-fiction and fiction texts
- Writing and editing website content, including news, features articles, and static content
- Editing and proofreading letters, leaflets and pamphlets, including letters supporting job and university applications
- Transcribing audio files for focus group recordings
- Transcribing interviews
- Writing, including website copy
This list is certainly not exhaustive, and I am happy to discuss your particular needs and requirements. I will work with you at each stage of the process to ensure you are pleased with the finished piece.
If you have any questions or queries, or if you would like a quotation, please head to the Contact Me page, where you can send a message. Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will get back to you within 24 hours.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Find me on Find a Proofreader